The Foundation for Food Safety Certification published Version 4.1 of the international standard for food safety in July 2017. This update takes into account current developments which have taken place since the release of version 4 in December 2016.
Changes based on the upgrade effective from 01.01.2018
- FSSC 22000 Standard Version 4.1 is mandatory from 01.01.2018.
- Version 4.0 will be skipped.
- From 01.01.2018 onwards it is not allowed to conduct FSSC V3 audits.
- In 2018 only upgrade audits form vers. 3 to 4.1 will take place.
- After 31.12.2018 upgrade audits from FSSC V3 to FSSC V4.1 are no longer allowed.
Audit time calculation
Upgrade audits (FSSC 22000 vers.3 > FSSC 22000 vers. 4.1) in combination with a scheduled surveillance audit:
- The audit time is equivalent to a surveillance audit (calculation for ISO 22000 + additional FSSC time) +25% additional time. In this case clients will receive a separate offer from our sales department. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions, or if you wish further information or a concrete offer. Phone: +49.711.7861-3425
Upgrade audits (FSSC 22000 vers.3 > FSSC 22000 vers. 4.1) in combination with a scheduled re-certification audit:
- The audit time is equivalent to a re-certification audit (calculation for ISO 22000 + additional FSSC time)
Unannounced Audits - From FSSC version 4 onwards unannounced surveillance audits must take place:
- within a 12-month period after the re-certification decision
- within a 12-month period after the last announced surveillance audit
requirements as follows apply:
- ISO 22000
- ISO 22002-X (specific for industrial sector branch)
- FSSC Additional requirements: extension from 7 to 11
License fee will be increased from 01.01.2018:
- Per certified site and year 125.- Euro until 31.12.2017 and 150.- Euro from 01.01.2018 according to the contract with the FSSC Foundation.
An overview of all changes you'll find here.